Thursday, June 2, 2016

Storm coming


I walked here today. It took me maybe 10 minutes, and that was going the long way around. 10 minutes to this little piece of paradise.

I sat by the stream that fed this small lake. I love streams. I love the sound of moving water. It doesn't matter what it is... ocean waves, waterfalls, rivers, streams, or rain. Me and water, we have a thing.

I became lost there, sitting beside the stream. Soaking in the atmosphere of the mountains surrounding me. I was the only one there, alone. Not another soul there, save for the fly that landed on my ankle.

I sat despite the rain that threatened to fall. Drops fell here and there, but it was nothing compared to the storm threatening in the distance. It covered the mountain in the background and yet I stayed.

Finally, I decided I should head back to the chaos of my life. A stolen hour, much appreciated, was about to come to and end. As I walked to our temporary home, the rain came. And it poured down as I smiled. It's beautiful here, in this place that embraces the nature that surrounds it. In this place that borrows the shade of the mountains. In this place where I hope to regain some peace.

1 comment: